Welcome. Thank you for joining me in this experiment.
I’ve always been a frustrated writer, so I am doing this solely as an outlet and, hopefully, to generate some interesting dialogue.
It seems only fair to let you know what you are getting into if you visit this blog. I’m using it to post my opinions and observations. These will be filtered through some of my core beliefs, which are:
1. All men and women of all races and sexual orientations are created equal and should be so treated.
2. What makes one “elite” is an open mind and an open heart- not perceived status, money or job titles.
3. Separation of Church and State is essential to the survival of the American experiment in democracy.
4. Everyone is entitled to their own religious or political beliefs and the freedom to express them.
5. Opinions should be fact based.
6. One should always be open to education from any source.
7. Willful ignorance is totally unacceptable. (Ex: Sarah Palin)
8. Pleated pants are one of the greatest evils facing American style.
9. Flip flops should only be worn in the gym shower, at the beach or around the house.
10. People should always conduct themselves with dignity and a sense of decorum in public. Blogs count as “in public”.
11. Art is an essential part of life.
12. Travel is the best education- as long as you keep an open mind, open eyes and aren’t traveling to Branson or Myrtle Beach.
13. Always be open to constructive criticism.
14. All criticism should be constructive.
15. If you can’t do anything else in life, apparently you become a network TV executive or run an airline.
16. Fox News isn’t…
5 responses to “Guiding Principles”
Agree with all but #8.
And I was just gifted a Myrtle Beach Pelican’s baseball cap. Long story.
Thanks Doug for your guiding principles. I subscribe to your philosophy. KR
Here I am & pls. notifiy me via email of blog posts….
Well stated and concise! I’m in agreement 100%! The only problem I think some folks might have with your principles is #5… IF the Tea baggers took that statement to heart, they’d have to disband. OH WAIT! That’s not a problem.. That’s a solution! 😛
Thank you for posting!