I have let this blog go dormant for a while….
I’ve missed it.
For a while, I concentrated on my other blog http://www.mysoutherngothiclife.com, but now I’m at a point I’ve taken that as far as I can for a while…
So, I’m back. I don’t promise to stay or post with a degree of regularity, but for now, I’m back. I’ll try to do better.
The world is just too crazy to keep silent and I’ve always been fond of a self-indulgent outlet.
So what has happened since I left blogging?
Trump. You can’t ignore the Trumpster. Bless his heart…..Who ever thought?
All I can say is, I’m amazed at the few friends I have who support him. I don’t want to “shut the door” or cut off dialogue as I’m amazed at why some intelligent, well-educated people support him. I want to understand this….I was a History Major. But I don’t get it….
What else has changed since I gave up this blog? A few thoughts…..
A couple of examples:
- Flip Flops: Everyone knows I hate those things. I’ve been pleasantly surprised to see the proliferation is decreasing. Maybe it is Global Warming melting the damn things on the sidewalk, but I am seeing more and more men in more appropriate, adult shoes like boat shoes and athletic shoes. Or maybe Trump is making middle class white men insecure and fearful, so they are afraid their exposed toes will be mutilated by Lesbian Muslim Mexican Isis Terrorists, so they are enclosing them.
- Great questions remain: “Why do designers make $150 shirts without exact sleeve links and in “slim cuts” when most Americans are fatter than ever? One would think even the 1% would object to the tailoring fees to buy an extra-large shirt and shorten the sleeves to make a trim cut fit the actual real American body. Not that I know anything about this….
- Benghazi. This bores the hell out of me. I’m sorry that 4 Americans lost their lives there, but many more lost their lives under the numerous embassy attacks under George W. Bush and even Reagan. There weren’t a bunch of “investigations” and false outrage then. To my friends who continue to carry on about this, all I can say is, again, bless your heart. Read your damn history and turn off Fox “News”. Learn to accept facts or admit you are as delusional as Amanda Wingfield and her expectation of Gentleman Callers. You are smarter and better than this.
- Hillary. Is there really a choice? Hillary may be a little too corporate for me, but she is the best alternative. She is smart and has paid her dues. No one is more capable than she is to be President. Can anyone seriously want Trump to have the nuclear codes? Get a grip. My politics may be “somewhere to the left of Mao’s Widow’s” as one of my professor’s at W&L once said, but I’m a pragmatist. I would love for Bernie to have won and a social revolution to be underway, but it didn’t happen. Get over it. Incremental change is better than no change.
- To my friends supporting “third-party candidates” like the Libertarians. If you want to break up the two-party system, elect Libertarians, Green Party and other third-party candidates, to the School Board and City Council first. You build alternative parties from the bottom up, not the top down. Otherwise, you are wasting your vote and helping Trump. And any gay person who supports a Libertarian is crazy. Sorry. Fact. Remember, we only had George W. Bush as a president thanks not only to the Supreme Court, but thanks to Ralph Nader.
- State Senator Trudy Wade: Our local State Senator and a prime example of all that is wrong with Politics in NC. I hate to say this, but she is evil. She hides behind her office and her Republican masters and co-conspirators, refuses to talk to the press or debate and sends misleading, factually incorrect mailers to her “constituents.” Frankly, I can’t stand the woman. Every time she is thwarted, she strikes back seeking revenge. She only ran for State Senate after she lost re-election to her last position. She appears to be a deeply unhappy , revenge-seeing woman. I can’t believe anyone trusts their pets to her veterinary care. She is a scary woman. She need to be retired.
- State Rep Jon Hardister: He, at first glance, seemed to be a moderate Republican. But he proved the theory true: There are no Moderate Republicans. When push came to shove about the Greensboro City Council redistricting, he voted with his masters in the Republican leadership in Raleigh. Then he voted against it. Then for it. Then against it. He single-handedly disproved the theory about “voting for the person, not the Party.” He is a Republican First and a representative of his constituents second. I hope his career ends soon. He obviously has no backbone.
- Pat McCrory. God…..Not only is he a bad Governor, he is a pitiful politician. He proves my theory that people in Corporate “leadership” positions today get there not on talent, but on the ability to kiss ass. The man cannot think for himself. He is the poster child for entitled, unchallenged white male power. If this were a true meritocracy, he never would have had his executive position with Duke Power, much less as Governor of NC. Pitiful.
There is so much more I can and probably will say….but this is it for now.
I’m back and will try to use this blog to express my thoughts again on Life in the 21st Century. Or at least as I see it.
And I plan to have a little fun along the way….
I’ll post my entertainment stuff as well.
I’ll behave on Facebook like a good boy and use this forum to show my true self….